Headline: Automation & Configuration orientated role with support experienced to work in a highly technical and complex environment
Package: Up to £40k + 5% Bonus + Private Health etc
Ideal Candidate: Development / Test / Support Engineer with Automation / Control / Data Acquisition looking for a technical configuration & support focussed role are advised to apply
Company & Role Overview
The business has been very successful and is in a considerable growth phase whereby they are almost doubling the size of the UK team – from 35 people to 60.
The company’s software platforms address automation of engines, powertrains, vehicles and component test rigs, and enterprise level process automation and data management. At test rig level, the software provides functionality to control and monitor test rigs, and acquire, analyse and manage test data. Installations range from single test stands to large numbers of test stands and office systems integrated into a test field based cluster. At enterprise level, our web based platform provides a modular, expansible toolbox of apps, leveraging a flexible and secure data persistence layer.
Examples of backgrounds that would be of interest:
- Test automation users, i.e. development or test engineers who have operated engine/powertrain/vehicle/component test stands in the past and found that they have a strong interest in the automation/control/data acquisition aspects of that job
- Test automation commissioning/support engineers, i.e. people that have installed/commissioned/supported automation systems.
- A software developer with experience of developing automation/control/data acquisition apps, who finds that they enjoy the configuration/support activities more than the development.
- A software tester with experience of test automation systems, who finds that who finds that they enjoy the configuration/support activities more than the testing.
Skills should also include…
- A strong understanding of, and hands-on competence with, desktop computers, servers and networking
- A high level grasp of desktop and web based software architectures
- A good understanding of automation and control principles
- Experience in using scripting or some other application oriented programming technology.
- Good interpersonal skills – communication, people management
- A troubleshooting constitution – they must enjoy it and be good at it
- Fluency in written and spoken English
- Capability in other languages would be an advantage
- Motivated, positive and responsible, with a ‘can-do’ approach to life
- Thrives on variety and is able to show initiative when the situation demands it
- Collaborative worker with good communications skills
- Enjoys working at locations around the world
- A ‘finisher’, with commitment to see tasks through to completion and meet deadlines
- Self-disciplined, able to work methodically and autonomously within defined processes
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Up to £40k
- Up to 4 days per week remote working - post probation
- up to 5% bonus
- 7% pension contribution
- Personal Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- BUPA Cash Plan
- Childcare vouchers (via salary sacrifice)